Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Madama Butterfly

While I was watching this video I found myself focusing more on the inter workings of the video rather than the actual story. From the very beginning I was in awe of how the characters were made. I was fascinated by the different types of little toys the director put together in order to create the characters and the surroundings. My favorite director is Tim Burton, so the claymation and the use of different miniature items to create a person was the most interesting part of the entire video. The story was very sad. I thought the most moving part was at the very end when she is literally ripping herself apart and unscrewing herself because the captain's actions figuratively ripped her apart piece by piece. The music from the opera in the background was perfect. It was not too overwhelming where it took away from the focus of the plot line or the beauty of the artwork, but it was loud enough and engaging enough that it did not go unnoticed. Needless to say, I really enjoyed this aria of Madama Butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment