Sunday, September 30, 2012

Earthquake


I called my parents and asked both of them if they saw Earthquake in theaters. As my parents were only 12 years old when it was released, neither of them remember much of the movie. My mom doesn't even remember if she saw the movie in theaters or not. My dad did say that he saw the movie when it was released in theaters. I asked him his reactions toward the movie when he first saw it, but he said he doesn't really remember the movie itself. Although, he did say that all he remembered were the big Dolby speakers that were installed in the theatre when the movie was released. So even if the movie did not have a strong influence on my Dad, the speakers did, which I guess is the most important part to take out of the movie seeing as it was the brand new technology. I'm sure that many audiences that did not live on or near a fault line were extremely startled by the movie seeing as they had never experienced an earthquake before, and this was one of the closest experiences they have had to a real earthquake. Although my parents were not of much help, I do remember that in Universal Studios there is a stimulation ride that is based off of the movie, Earthquake. It is a behind the scenes look at the technology used in the movie, not so much the technology of the sound though.

No comments:

Post a Comment