Monday, December 3, 2012

House Music

As for the present day version of House music, I'm really not into that music. I don't like sitting and listening to beats, but I could see how some people are interested in it. My brother has his own DJ company and produces his own beats and really enjoys House music. I learn a little bit from him abut what present day House music is like, but I think it's really important to him to discover the roots of the type of music that he loves to listen to. As he is only 17, I do not think he realizes that House music originally generated from the Disco Era. I think he would be very surprised to learn the roots of House. I was very surprised to hear the similarities between disco and house music. I think a lot of kids these days that are DJs think they are doing something new and original with the beats that they're making, when in actuality they are ripping off the stars of the 70's. After learning about the roots of house music, it kind of makes the kids that think they are professional club artists seem very arrogant and closed-minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment