Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Performance Art

For my performance art piece I took the rotary phone, that still works, into a large mall around my hometown. I decided on this rotary phone because of the lack of technological skill in my life. You could say that, like the rotary phone, I'm kind of outdated when it comes to technology. Of course I always use my phone and my laptop, but compared to kids that can, for example, create apps, code a website, or create 3D video games, I reside way back in the caveman era of technology. I not only talked on the phone in different areas of the mall, but I also approached technology stores, like the Mac store, and most people had never even seen a rotary phone before. I enjoyed getting a laugh out of people while making this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment